Telephone 01792 643000
(for both surgeries)

Who should I see?

We try to keep our GP appointments for patients with more serious health problems.

Before you book an appointment to see a doctor please consider whether an appointment with a practice nurse might be appropriate. They can help you with a wide range of medical problems.

Our receptionists can help you decide which is the right person for you to see.

Self care

If you have a cough, cold, headache or other minor ailment try treating yourself at home first. Find out more about treatments for common minor ailments.

you can check your symptoms to find out what would be the best next step through following this link NHS 111 Wales – Check Your Symptoms

Please remember that self-care for common conditions can help free up our GPs’ time, making it easier to get an appointment when you have a more serious condition.

Your pharmacist can help too

Pharmacists are highly trained health professionals and can give you confidential health advice for a range of common illnesses and complaints.

Don’t wait for a GP appointment for coughs, colds, aches and pains. Just call your local pharmacy a call or drop in – there’s no need to make an appointment.

Choose Pharmacy – Common Ailments Service

You can now get FREE NHS ADVICE AND TREATMENT for a range of common ailments from our local Community Pharmacists instead of seeing a Doctor.
You don’t have to make an appointment
You can go along at any time that suits you.
The service is available for the following conditions:

Acne, Athletes Foot, Back Ache (Acute), Chicken Pox, Cold sores, Colic, Conjunctivitis, Constipation, Dry Skin, Diarrhoea, Dry eye, Haemorrhoids, Hayfever, Head Lice, Indigestion/reflux, Ingrowing Toenail, Intertrigo/ringworm, Mouth Ulcers, Nappy Rash, Oral thrush, Scabies, Sore throat, Teething, Threadworm, Vaginal thrush, Verruca.

Where no medicine is recommended by the NHS, the pharmacist will give you advice on how to manage the condition.

However, if your problem is more serious and needs the attention of a GP, your pharmacist will recognise this and advise you to see your GP.

Swansea Bay University Health Board:

Choose Well Wales

Choosing the right NHS Wales service if you become ill or are injured

Choose Well will help you decide if you need medical attention if you get sick. It explains what each NHS service does, and when it should be used.

Choosing Well means that you and your family will get the best treatment. It also allows busy NHS services to help the people who need them most.

If you don’t know which option to choose, please contact NHS Direct Wales on 0845 46 47 or visit the Choose Well Wales website here.

or follow the link Welcome | Use the Right Service

NHS 111

111 is the free NHS non-emergency number.

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.

Call 111 if:

  • you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next

Click here for more information about how NHS 111 can help you.


A&E is for life-threatening accidents and emergencies only. Before you go there, ask yourself, “Is it a real emergency?”

If not, please consider using other local health services before you visit A&E.


SWANSEA UNIVERSITY DSA ASSESSMENT CENTRE: offers specialist advice, guidance, and support options for students experiencing challenges during their time at university. Our services are for students experiencing emotional and personal difficulties as well as more complex long-term issues including sensory or physical impairments, long term medical conditions, specific learning difficulties (SpLD), autistic spectrum conditions (ASC), and mental health conditions; to ensure that all Swansea University students have equal learning opportunities.

follow the link: Student Support Services – Swansea University


Musclo-skeletal problems can be an issue, you can self refere to physiotherapy, to find out more about referral process please follow this link Physiotherapy – Swansea Bay University Health Board (

for useful information about your problem , help line, videos for exercises please follow this link Versus Arthritis | A future free from arthritis

Got a diagnosis:

if you need to know more about your diagnosis, disease, problems , Medication, self care advice or life style measures please follow this link Symptom Checker, Health Information and Medicines Guide | Patient

Struglling with mental well being:

if you have problems dealing with your mental health and trying to find help getting to the optimum mental well being, follow these links for available services that you can use

Home page – Tidy Minds

Digital Mental Health Solutions in the UK | SilverCloud® by Amwell® (

Concerned about Autism:

no need to see your GP to be referred for assessment, you can self refere through this link Western Bay Integrated Autism Service – Swansea Bay University Health Board (

Travelling and need advice about your health:

For more information about your destination, requested vaccinations or possible hazards, please follow this link NaTHNaC – Country List (

Foot problems (Podiatry services for new patients – direct access)

If you need advice for any foot-related problem please follow the link for self referring and contact  details Podiatry – Swansea Bay University Health Board (

Sexual Health Services:

All access to sexual health clinics is now appointment only. Tel: 0300 5550279 – Please note, the line will be closed 12.30 – 13.00 each day for lunch, and all day on bank holidays.

for more details about services follow this link Sexual Health Services – Swansea Bay University Health Board (


Date published: 17th February, 2017
Date last updated: 14th December, 2023